Thursday, January 14, 2010

Stuffed Red Peppers

With the stuffed flounder I made stuffed red peppers. I have to say these were amazing and I am craving them as I type this post! I think this would have been just as good or even better (if possible) stuffed in a tomato.
Ingredients:
-2 extra large red bell pepper
-4 onces fresh mozzarella cheese - diced
-1 teaspoon crushed dried basil
-1 cup fresh diced bread crumbs
-3 teaspoons olive oil
-1 teaspoon lemon juice
-salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
-preheat oven to 400 degrees
-heat bread crumbs in a frying pan with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and brown on all sides
-while bread crumbs are browning wash peppers and slice top off 1/2 inch from top of pepper - set pepper top aside - clean out seeds
-when bread crumbs are browned mix in a bowl with lemon juice, remaining olive oil, mozzarella cheese, basil and salt and pepper to taste
-stuff peppers with mixture and secure pepper tops with toothpicks
-place in a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes
-when they are ready take out of oven and remove pepper tops - slice each pepper in half and serve!

I made a little extra mixture and it could not all fit in the peppers - it was just as good without being baked! I will definitely be making this again -soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment