Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Vegetarian Empanadas

I have to admit that I have a bit of an addiction to green peas and lima beans...I try to include them in everything...my favorite is green peas and mac and cheese!  I also do really like eating meat and chicken but have guilt for ethical reasons about eating meat so I usually end up going through several month spurts of eating vegetarian...this recipe was made during one these vegetarian spurts.

 
 
Ingredients:
- package of store bought dough (I used packaged pie crust)
- 1 package of spinach
- 1 cup of green peas
-1 cup of chopped green beans
- 1 cup of lima beans
-olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning and herbs
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- pinch of salt and pepper
- optional :feta cheese
 
Directions:
-sauté spinach in olive oil and garlic
-when spinach is cooked down add lima beans, green beans and green beans
-season with salt, pepper, Italian seasonings and crushed red pepper
 
 
When filling is cooked through preheat oven to 350 and grease a casserole dish or baking pan
- cut dough into small circles and fill with veggies and feta if you wish
- crimp ends of the empanadas with a fork so that they stay closed and cut slits to vent
- bake until dough begins to brown
 



 
Enjoy :)


 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment