Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Boursin and Cherry Stuffed Chicken Breast





So I moved this past weekend and before I moved I had some things in my fridge/pantry that I wanted to use up. I decided to combine a few things and make a stuffed chicken breast.


I had some herbed spreadable cheese - Boursin, boneless chicken breast, some dried cherries and some mamasita fiesta sauce.


I cut the chicken breast in half to make two cutlets and spread some cheese on each cutlet and dotted with the dried cherries. I rolled up the chicken and secured with toothpicks, placed them in a casserole dish and heated them in the oven at 400 degrees until the chicken was golden brown and the cheese was bubbly.





I served with a side of stuffing and green bean casserole. I ate the first piece of chicken with nothing on it and it tasted really good. I decided that I would try heating up a little mamasita's fiesta sauce and water in a saucepan and pouring it over the second piece. It was so good I decided to make the same exact meal for my mom a few days later.



This is a meal that was so easy to make and the combination of herbs and sweet cherries tasted so good I would make it again and again!




No comments:

Post a Comment