Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mom's Chicken and Artichoke Dish

So it's been a really long time since I have posted anything on this blog! I got to a point where I decided that I was on the computer all day at work and didnt want to get on the computer once I was home to update the blog. Also...I really need a better camera. I have still been cooking and taking pictures so maybe it is time to play catch up. Two things have inspired me to get back to blogging - one is that I really needed a recipe and and couldn't find it anywhere and then I realized it was on my blog - my blog is like my own personal recipe rolodex! The other thing is that the director of marketing found my blog online and has kind of given me a little push to continue. For my first entry back I thought I would post a favorite dish of my mothers - she makes this for company whenever she wants to make something tasty and easy to make. This is of her creation.

The following is the recipe in my mothers words:

Ingredients

4 chicken breasts, skinned and off the bone
1 large onion, chopped
2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
5 Tablespoons, flour
pinch salt
pepper to taste
2 cans diced tomatoes with garlic and basil
1/2 jar of marinated artichoke hearts, quartered

Directions

Saute onion in olive oil in large frying pan until golden. Meanwhile, clean and cut chicken breasts into 1-2 inch pieces. Mix salt, pepper and flour on a piece of aluminum foil and lightly coat chicken pieces. Place chicken on top of onions and lightly brown over low to medium heat on both sides. Add two cans of diced tomatoes and artichoke hearts and mix together.




Cover and simmer for about 25 minutes. Serve over rice or pasta or mashed potatoes. Serves six. May be cooked the day before and reheated. Refrigerate or freeze leftovers.



Enjoy with rice or pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment