Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Almond Milk Shake

Ok, so it's time to get back on the Paleo horse so to speak...I went way off diet for Christmas and New Years. Now, I'm slowly easing myself back into it...IE I have some leftovers I need to finish and then I will be back to almost full paleo. I found out about Steve's Paleo Goods recently online and ordered some of their products. So far I really like what I've tried. I'm planning on writing a review when I've sampled everything. I'm eating their apple pie paleo krunch this morning with a chocolate almond milk shake I made.


Ingredients in the shake:
-almond milk (I always fill a glass with almond milk and pour it in the blender so I don't know exact amount)
-2 teaspoons of almond butter
-1/2 teaspoon honey
-1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup of ice

Blend in a blender until smooth.

I also added golden flax seeds and a herbal calcium supplement. I will grind the flax seeds before adding next time. I do like this shake as is but next time I plan on adding some berries or a piece of a banana...or avacado, I bet that would be good. This was my first time using palm sugar and I really like the taste! 


No comments:

Post a Comment