Saturday, November 15, 2014

Quest Protein Chips



I had read on several blogs about Quest Protein Chips so I was pretty excited when I saw them in my local health store. I chose two flavors- the Sea Salt and Sour Cream and Onion flavors. Some information about these chips: they are gluten free, baked, have no soy, are vegetarian, have 5g of carbs, 120 calories in a bag, 15% of your DV of calcium and 21g of protein!! Another thing to know is the serving size is 32g (1 and 1/8 oz) and it cost me $2.50 per bag of chips! So a little on the pricy side! This is a review of the Sour Cream and Onion flavored chip.

Smell: like any other sour cream and onion chip out there, not to overpowering
Look: 
Definitely looks baked, not quiteas appetizing looking as you may think from the picture on the front of the bag.
Taste: I have to admit that I didn't see they were baked until I got the bag home. I am not really a fan of baked chips. That being said these had a really strong sour cream and onion flavor. This was good because it covered up the baked flavor that I am not a fan of. I think I would not like the sea salt flavor, that might be a little too plain for me.
Texture: so this one is a little weird for me , there were a lot of textures going on in this little chip. It was crunchy due to being baked, airy (there were actually pockets of air in the chip) and also had a slightly chalky reside on the chip. I am a fan of crisp and airy, not so much chalky. These chips also made my mouth a bit dry. You could put a chip in your mouth and it would just crumble also (I think this was due to the airiness). 
Grade: the chalky texture really threw me off and I am not a huge fan of baked chips so I am a little biased here. These would be better with a drink. I would give them a C.

No comments:

Post a Comment