Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Vegan Kosher Icebox Pie

I am on a mission to prove to my mom that you can Veganize just about any meal and it will taste amazing!  I decided to try a vegan version of her ice box pie. 

-make or purchase graham cracker crust...I found a premad vegan Kosher chocolate graham cracker crust in Walmart Neighborhood market and they sell them at kosher markets as well.
-4 sliced frozen sliced bananas
-1/2 cup of almond milk
-1/4 cup of cocoa powder
-flavoring if desired - I added a few drops of vanilla extract
-toppings if desired - I added pecans

-Mix frozen bananas, almond milk, cocoa powder and vanilla in a blender or food processor until smooth.  I like to make my nice cream in my ninja blender but as there is not a lot of room for the bananas to move around as they process I sometimes have to stop the blender and move the bananas around with a spatula.  The almond milk also helps to break up the bananas as well so if you are having a hard time you can add some more milk.  When bananas are smooth pour into pie crust and top as desired.  Freeze until set and enjoy!


 The pie on top is before adding topping and freezing and underneath it is after freezing overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment