Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Garlic Black Bean Hummus

One of my favorite snacks to make is Garlic Black Bean Hummus...it is super easy to make and has great flavor!


Ingredients for hummus:
-1 teaspoon tahini
-l can of black beans (I use low sodium but the seasoned work just as well)
-1/2 of a lime juiced
-1/4 cup of cilantro to mix and more as garnish
-2 cloves of garlic
-2 teaspoons olive oil
-salt to taste

I also like to fancy up some pita bread to go with the hummus - I cut store bought pita bread with a pizza cutter and place on a baking sheet.  I brush them with olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary and sea salt.  Then I bake them for 10 minutes or until crisp at 350 degrees.

To make the hummus:
Mix first 6 ingredients in a food processor, add more olive as needed and salt to taste.  Garnish with cilantro and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment